OM EYE CARE
EYE SURGERIES PERFORMED
- Non-Phaco suture less cataract surgeries: more than 16000
- Phacoemulsification : more than 6000 surgeries
- Vitreous biopsy with intravitreal injection: more than 20
- Vitrectomy : more than 100 surgeries
- Corneal Grafting (PKP) : more than 20 surgeries
- Trabeculectomy : 100 surgeries
- Squint surgery: 100 surgeries
- Repair of corneal tear 500 surgeries
- Lid laceration repair: more than 50 surgeries
- Argon laser PRP: more than 2500 surgeries
- Yag capsulotomy : more than 1000 surgeries
- Yag iridotomy : more than 700 surgeries
- Minor procedures : more than 200 surgeries.
FEATURES – OPHTHALMOLOGIST IN PUNE
- List of Oral Presentations include Newer advances in retina care at Maharashtra ophthalmic conference 2013.
- His case presentation in Maharashtra ophthalmic society for branch retinal vein occlusion got special mention and applause.
- His Audit question: Glaucoma prevalence in central India has been published in Indian journal of ophthalmology and is considered as a reference by government of India for prevalence studies in India and quoted for being one of the benchmarks for prevalence studies.
- He stayed in the rural and Naxal prone areas of Chhattisgarh where he screened nearly 7000 people which is a remarkable feat.
- An avid teacher for over long years, Dr. Anand Palimkar has been involved in demonstrating and teaching advanced Cataract surgery especially the phacoemulsification technique .
- He was appointed as trainer of trainers for Phaco surgery.
- He has single handedly managed the retina department and was involved in the inception and growth of the viteroretina unit.
- His Management skills include various committee memberships in hospital quality control and was key member of vision 2020 diabetic retinopathy planning, supervising and following the guidelines of anti-infective committee for charitable hospitals and reporting any break in the guidelines.
- In Dr. Anand Palimkar, Ophthalmologist in Pune, we see a rare blend of pursuit for professional excellence and a determined commitment to offer the best treatment to all his patients regardless of their background.